WHAT IS BAPTISM:
Baptism is the time when our original sin is being washed away, giving us new freedom to begin our life in and for Christ Jesus. That is when we become part of God’s Family.
This is why the work and support of both Parents and God Parents at this stage is very important.
At St Anne’s, we are always pleased to welcome all into the new life in Christ through Baptisms and other Sacraments.
Baptism at St Anne’s is usually on Sundays at 12.15pm after 11am Mass.
GET IN CONTACT:
The Office is open Mondays to Thursdays between 10.30am and 2.30pm. The Parish Secretary Sr. Lizzie will be available to answer your queries on 0121 353 3778 or 07799960011. or send us an email at email@example.com
1. Speak or email Sr. Lizzie
2. Have a date in mind, which together we can look at.
3. If you do not live local, you will need your Parish Priest Permission for your child to be baptised at St. Anne’s.
4. The Baptism detail form will be sent to you to fill out and return.
5. There is also a baptism Preparation class which normally takes 30 – 40 mins. Both Parents and the God Parents are expected to take part in this. Where this is not possible, at least one of the parents must attend.
- One male one female is sufficient.
- Canon law provides that the parents may appoint the Godparents
- A Godparent must be over sixteen years of age and a Catholic who has been confirmed and has received the Blessed Eucharist, who lives a life of faith which befits the role to be undertaken and one must be of the same gender with the child to be baptised.